Cambodia is a country located in Southeast Asia. There are many travel destination desired by travellers around the world. Most of them are natural and adventurous destinations. One of a must-visit places when visiting Cambodia is Phnom Penh.
It is not as metropolis as Bangkok in Thailand because Phnom Penh is more down to earth. However, this s a great destination for travellers who don’t want to experience over-crowded place to have fun. There are many things you can do in Phnom Penh but it is recommended to find out more about Cambodia before visiting.
- You will need to present valid passport and a Cambodian visa. You can get your visa before visiting the country or on your arrival. You can choose according to your convenience. If you don’t have much time for preparation, you can also apply for a Cambodia e-visa online where you can complete the online application and pay with your credit card.
- Next, you need to know Cambodia customs regulations. If you are 18 years old or older, you are permitted to bring 200 cigarettes, one opened bottle of liquor, and perfumer for personal use. You are not allowed to bring antiques or Buddhist reliquaries out of the country.
- It is highly recommended to take health precautions before visiting the place. Recommended shot to take before visiting Cambodia is malaria prophylaxis. You need to ask advice from your doctor to take necessary shots to prevent from typhoid, cholera, tetanus, polio, etc.
- Official currency of Cambodia is the Riel. You can change the currency before visiting. Remember that you will need more cash than credit card when travelling to Cambodia since not a lot of places accept major credit cards.
- It is highly recommended to be careful especially in the nighttime. Don’t stray off the known paths. It is recommended to hire a guide if you want to travel around places in Cambodia to make sure that you are safe.
What you can do when visiting Phnom Penh Cambodia
There are many interesting things to do when you visit Cambodia and the capital city, Phnom Penh, such as:
- Shopping is a must when you visit Phnom Penh especially jewelry shopping. You can go for it at the Central Market. This traditional market is a great place to buy precious stones, metals, as well as jewelry. Aside from the good stuffs available in the market, the interior is also distinctive. You can enjoy Art Deco fusion style in this market.
- Royal Palace in Phnom Penh is also a must visit. This place is open for visitors. You can go visiting the Silver Pagoda and the Moonlight Pavilion. It is recommended to visit the Royal Palace at night.
- You can also spend your time relaxing near the river and enjoy the sunset. You can also go a cruise boat to enjoy the river more. You will sail past traditional fishing villages, as well as Phnom Penh Skyline. It is recommended to visit this place in the late afternoon.